Thursday, November 19, 2009

Psalm 73

I highly recommend y'all check this one out. It was what I needed to hear today. The whole first half of the psalm talks about how we view the wicked/arrogant(verses 3-5, 12): "For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy and strong. They are free from the burdens common to man; they are not plagued by human ills........This is what the wicked are like--always carefree, they increase in wealth."
How true this is sometimes! We see the wicked of this world or people who aren't doing right and they seem to have no problems at all and seem to get what they want (and at times, what WE want). We start to think, "why am I doing what's right?" (verse 13: "Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure; in vain have I washed my hands in innocence.") We think, "If I would just do it like them, I would get the desires of my heart. They don't have troubles like I do. Their conscience is not as troubled as mine." It can really be discouraging! (verse 16: "When I tried to understand all this, it was oppressive to me...")
We have to come to God with our hurts and concerns. Our minds can do severe damage to our hearts if we let it. We have to let God speak truth into our souls. We can be so easily deceived.
Take courage in the path God has given you and really seek him to guide your steps. It will be hard. You will lose friends, family, loved ones. But the ones who are still with you on the other side, those are worth holding on to

No comments:

Post a Comment